Friday, March 12, 2010

An Incendiary Indiscretion



So I think Jessica Simpson is missing an opportunity here...

In case you haven't heard, a few weeks ago in Rolling Stone John Mayer described their relationship as "sexual napalm."

Now I like John Mayer's music a great deal, but apparently he's not heard of that maxim about how gentlemen aren't supposed to kiss and tell. So I think he's got some bad karma heading his way in the future...

Still, Jessica then went on Oprah and said "I don't want people to know how I am in bed." Her right, for sure, but I think she's missing a golden opportunity.

Given that you cannot buy this sort of publicity, I think she should trademark the "Sexual Napalm" phrase, and start a new line of clothing around it. On top of that, should John ever bring it up again, she could send the lawyers after him for misappropriating her trademark. The ultimate vindication, if you will...

So, gentle readers, if you were rumored to be an incredible lover, would you own it, or run away from it?

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding??? I'd run with that shit as long as I possibly could. A mention in Rolling Stone...that's a HUGE endorsement! Think of all the women out there that would want to take me for a spin around the ol' bed post. I'd be like "Don Juan 2010". I would definitely start a cologne line or something. Maybe even get a hefty endorsement deal with Extenze or Viagara. I'd be THE MAN!!!

    But seeing that there are is still pretty much a double-standard for women regarding sexual prowess; yeah,she should be pissed and distance herself before she does further damage to her "image"...even though anything titled Sexual Napalm is guaranteed to sell millions of units.

    My wife isn't going to read this, is she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok first - chris this kind of comment is exactly why i love you! second, i can see why jessica may have been shakin' by this. she clearly wanted to keep her personal life personal. that being said, the fact is it's out there already....so what's a girl to do? she could go out and shake the napalm-ness her mamma gave her; or she can continue to say that what is private should remain private. what she can not do though is fain modesty and then profit from a sexual napalm perfume collection, that will make her look hypocritical.

    i say she should play it coy in public, but use that great endorsement for her personal life! 'cause you know girlfriend's phones musta blown up with gentlemen (and not so gentlemen) callers after john mayer's comment!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Search This Blog